This application will be used when applying for a right-of-way, permit, license, lease, or certificate for the use of Federal lands which lie within conservation system units and National Recreation or Conservation Areas as defined in the Alaska National Interest lands Conservation Act. Conservation system units include the National Park System, National Wildlife Refuge System, National Wild and Scenic Rivers System, National Trails System, National Wilderness Preservation System, and National Forest Monuments.

Transportation and utility systems and facility uses for which the application may be used are:

  1. Canals, ditches, flumes, laterals, pipes, pipelines, tunnels, and other systems for the transportation of water.
  2. Pipelines and other systems for the transportation of liquids other than water, including oil, natural gas, synthetic liquid and gaseous fuels, and any refined product produced therefrom.
  3. Pipelines, slurry and emulsion systems, and conveyor belts for transportation of solid materials.
  4. Systems for the transmission and distribution of electric energy.
  5. Systems for transmission or reception of radio, television, telephone, telegraph, and other electronic signals, and other means of communications.
  6. Improved right-of-way for snow machines, air cushion vehicles, and all-terrain vehicles.
  7. Roads, highways, railroads, tunnels, tramways, airports, landing strips, docks, and other systems of general transportation.

This application must be filed simultaneously with each Federal department or agency requiring authorization to establish and operate your proposal.

In Alaska, the following agencies will help the applicant file an application and identify the other agencies the applicant should contact and possibly file with:

  • Department of Agriculture
    Regional Forester, Forest Service (USFS)
    P.O. Box 21628
    Juneau, Alaska 99802-1628
    Telephone: (907) 586-7847 (or a local Forest Service Office)

  • Department of the Interior
    Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
    Alaska Regional Office
    709 West 9th Street
    Juneau, Alaska 99802
    Telephone: (907) 586-7177

  • Department of the Interior
    Alaska State Office
    Bureau of Land Management
    222 West 7th Avenue #13
    Anchorage, Alaska 99513
    Public Room: 907-271-5960 FAX: 907-271-3684 (or a local BLM Office)

  • U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (FWS)
    Office of the Regional Director
    1011 East Tudor Road
    Anchorage, Alaska 99503
    Telephone: (907) 786-3440

  • National Park Service (NPS)
    Alaska Regional Office
    240 West 5th Avenue
    Anchorage, Alaska 99501
    Telephone: (907) 644-3510

Note - Filings with any Interior agency may be filed with any office noted above or with the Office of the Secretary of the Interior, Regional Environmental Officer, P.O. Box 120, 1675 C Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99513.

Department of Transportation
Federal Aviation Administration
Alaska Region AAL-4, 222 West 7th Ave., Box 14
Anchorage, Alaska 99513-7587
Telephone: (907) 271-5285

NOTE - The Department of Transportation has established the above central filing point for agencies within that Department. Affected agencies are: Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Coast Guard (USCG), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Federal Railroad Administration (FRA).


Use of this form is not limited to National Interest Conservation Lands of Alaska.

Individual department/agencies may authorize the use of this form by applicants for transportation and utility systems and facilities on other Federal lands outside those areas described above.

For proposals located outside of Alaska, applications will be filed at the local agency office or at a location specified by the responsible Federal agency.